As you now know – writing effective SEO web copy is a process, not a single event, that attracts readers to your website, then compels them to take a specific action.
- You need a primary target market
- You need to know which keywords and phrases to use
- You need to know what they want…
- You have to use a headline that gets their attention, so they’ll read your web copy further
- Then… your copy has to suck ’em in like a vacuum cleaner
In this final Part 7 of How to Write Optimized Web Content…
I’m gonna wrap it all up for you, and you’ll realize just how much work and expertise is really involved to write good web copy that gets results.
Let’s assume your shiny new web copy is now live on the Internet.
That’s great — but now you need to see how effective it is.
To do that, you need to be tracking the analytics of the page. A great and free tool is Google Analytics.
Once you install the short snippet of code in your web page, you’ll be able to track things like:
- How many visitors find the page
- How long they stay on it
- What keywords they typed to get there
- Where they are physically located
- What other pages they go to next
- And a ton of other great and valuable information
After a while, you can develop a baseline of key statistics that you can use to track results of any tests and changes you make.
For example, some easy and important things to test would be the headline, your offer, and your call to action.
These typically get you the biggest bang for the buck… But you have to do it.
In conclusion … you always get what you pay for. I know it’s cliche, but it’s true. If someone who says they’re a web or SEO copywriter is only going to charge you a ridiculously low fee – like a hundred bucks per page to write copy for your website…
Then you’re probably not gonna get very good results, because they just cant spend the necessary time to research and do a good job for you.
If you’re serious about getting results from your website – hire a copywriter to do the job right – the first time! And dont skimp on quality “words that sell”.
Hope these tips help … and if you want to get the best results that you can, consider hiring a professional web copywriter. That would be me. : – )
In case you missed the other parts of this series, here are the links.
- Click for Part 1 of Optimized Web Copy That Sells
- Click for Part 2 of How to Write Optimized Web Copy
- Click for Part 3 of How to Write Optimized Web Copy
- Click for Part 4 of How to Write Optimized Web Copy
- Click for Part 5 of How to Write Optimized Web Copy
- Click for Part 6 of How to Write Optimized Web Copy
Till next week then…
What are your thoughts?
And visit www.webcontentNH.com for help with Website design, writing SEO copy, e-mail marketing, or other online marketing strategies.
To your marketing success!
Website and Marketing Copywriter