Are you in charge of writing your own sales copy for ads, postcards, direct mail, websites, blog posts, or even e-mails…
Then you owe it to yourself to read this short checklist before you start, and again after you finish to make sure you’ve included everything.
Because I consider these points crucial in getting the best results possible in ANY advertising or marketing materials. Ignore them at your own risk.
They’re listed in order of what I consider the most important, and use as many of them as space allows.
- Start with an eye-popping headline that has a benefit or big promise to your reader
- Speak directly to your prospect in your copy. You should be able to clearly define your ideal client
- Make sure to include a clear and simple call to action with a great offer, such as “Call for Free analysis” or “Sign up to our free newsletter for more details”
- Include proof such as short, detailed testimonials about your product or service
- Offer a killer guarantee
- Convey a sense of urgency to order now. Such as limited time or limited availability, with a short reason why
One consideration that comes into play is how much space you have to work with.
For example if you’re writing a space ad, space is limited. In that case, the two most important things to include are your headline, and a great call to action.
Here’s a little self-promotion… but if you’d like a great, inexpensive (but super-valuable) resource to help you write strong online web or email copy, visit http://marketyourbusinessonlinebook.com/ for my book titled “How Your Small Local Business Can Get More Customers on the Internet”.
And of course, if you’d rather hire a professional sales copywriter to write your website, brochure, or direct mail for you, just give me a call for a free analysis!
Leave me a comment below…
If you need help with website design, writing SEO optimized web copy, email marketing, or other online marketing strategies, I can help!
To your marketing success!
Website and Marketing Copywriter
Join my discussion by leaving a comment below…