Marketing Gems 101
“Practical direct response marketing and copywriting advice
for today’s business owners, sales reps, and marketers”
I want to personally thank you for subscribing to my e-newsletter “Marketing Gems 101“, featuring proven, practical marketing tips to help you maximize and improve your offline and online marketing strategies, including your web site and e-mail marketing.
Now… just so you know what to expect, you’ll get a new issue approximately every 3-4 weeks.
I think you’ll find these tips and ideas extremely helpful and profitable.
People want fast and easy, so that’s what you’ll get, while still presenting you with useful information that you can use in your own marketing and advertising efforts.
Also keep in mind, if you do have any questions, or would like to find out more about my services, please contact me directly with the contact information at the very end of this newsletter.
Your Website’s Primary Purpose Is Crucial To It’s Effectiveness And Success…
Do you know what this purpose is?
So you have your shiny, new web site up and running for the whole world to see. Or maybe you don’t, but want to have one, because everyone else has one and you don’t want to be left out.
Either way, hopefully you’ve followed this first and very important rule of web site design that seems to be broken much of the time.
So what is this rule, anyway?
Very important Rule #1:
*****There MUST be a “primary” purpose for the web site.*****
Sorry about all the asterisks…but I really want you to understand how crucial this statement is to the success of your website.
Close your eyes and think about this for a minute – What exactly do you want your web site to DO for you or your business?
If you want a quote on persuasive sales copy, click here!
Basically, there are four “main” purposes of a web site, and I’ll quickly describe each one for you.
1. Selling Things (E-commerce)
2. Generate New Leads And Prospects
3. Providing Information Of All Kinds
4. Improving efficiencies of existing processes
Selling Things Online
- Selling your own products from your site
- Selling someone else’s products as an affiliate
- Selling products through an online merchant such as Clickbank
To Generate Sales Leads
- Gather lead information such as contact information, email addresses, to efficiently follow up with them
- Offer free information packets and/or free newsletters to subscribers that provide their contact information
- You must provide something of value in order for folks to part with their information, though.
- If done the right way, you can track response rates for a number of areas, such as newsletters opened, etc
- The main idea here is to build a list in order to create and nurture wildly profitable client relationships!
Providing Valuable Information
- Product or Service Information
- Product brochures and spec sheets
- Technical Information
- User guides
- Electronic Portfolio of your work, products, or services
- Almost any kind of electronic material you could think of could be posted on your web site
Improving Process Efficiencies
- Online scheduling/reservations
- FAQ section that answers many common questions that a client would normally ask
- Online design creators, such as Avery’s Business Card creator
- Online Databases
- Online forums e-zines, or blogs to share information
As you can see, there are many ways a web site can be used. It can be designed to provide any or all of these functions, but you still must have a clear, definitive “primary” purpose for your web site in order for you to design an effective and money-making site using direct response copywriting techniques.
Well… that’s it for this time, and I will see you soon!
Coming up next time:
Building Up Your E-Mail List Part 1 of 4
Till next time!
Merrill Clark- Direct Response Copywriter
Crestview Marketing Services LLC
Do you want to get more qualified leads and clients from your Website, advertising or marketing campaigns?
If maximizing every marketing dollar with direct response copywriting and marketing techniques is important to you, then please contact me right away (my contact info is below).
You see, if you send out postcards, space ads, sales letters, follow-up letters, brochures, e-mails, or need a new or more effective website, you’ll consistently get more new leads and customers than you ever have before when you use the direct response sales copy I can provide.
If you have specific questions or would like to discuss a project you have coming up, please call me at 603-686-5140, or you can shoot me an e-mail here.
I will reply as soon as I can, usually within 48 hours.